The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) Caucus meets monthly to facilitate the exchange of information between CALS faculty and the college’s administrative leadership staff. The Caucus considers for discussion any matters sent from faculty that are germane to the function of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. In addition to representing the college faculty in this role, the Caucus also serves as a budget advisory committee to the Dean.
Committee Composition and Operations
The CALS Caucus is comprised of elected Faculty Senate representatives who serve their home departments, as well as four faculty who serve as CALS At-Large Senators.
The CALS Caucus chair sets the agenda for the monthly meetings and communicates faculty priorities to the Dean. The chair is elected by a majority vote of all Senators serving on the Caucus.
Members of the 2022-2022 CALS Caucus
- Kurt Rosentrater, Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- Scott Smalley, Agricultural Education and Studies
- Brian Hornbuckle, Agronomy
- Elisabeth Lonergan, Animal Science
- Maura McGrail, Genetics, Development and Cell Biology
- Ajay Nair, Horticulture
- Jennifer Schieltz, Natural Resource Ecology and Management
- David Peters, Sociology and Criminal Justice
- Alison Robertson, Plant Pathology, Entomology and Microbiology
- Steve Freeman, Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering – CALS At-Large
- Virginia Hanson, Agricultural Education and Studies – CALS At-Large and Caucus chair
- Gary Munkvold, Plant Pathology, Entomology and Microbiology – CALS At-Large
- Kevin Roe, Natural Resource Ecology and Management – CALS At-Large
Faculty who wish to share concerns or ideas regarding CALS priorities should contact their elected department or At-Large representatives.