Welcome to the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences is one of the world's leading institutions of agriculture. Building on 160 years of excellence, the college provides leadership in science, education and research, areas vital to the future of Iowa, the nation and the world.
Adam Schonert Enjoys the Science of Food
Adam Schonert, a freshman in food science, came to Iowa State to learn more about the science of food. He started cooking waffles at a cafe in Algona, Iowa. His waffles became famous when they were recognized by the Food Network as the best waffles in Iowa and ranked in the top 10 nationwide.
News & Featured Stories
- Burns-Thompson Honored as Emerging Iowa Leader by Iowa State University College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Iowa State Researchers Honored for One of Year's Best Ag Engineering Innovations
- New monarch numbers encouraging: Conservation efforts in Iowa contribute to long-term recovery
- Iowa State University Part of Grant to Study No-till for Organic Grain Farmers
- ISU College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Faculty and Staff Awards
A start-up company founded by two researchers is receiving a national honor for an invention named one of 2019’s best innovations in agricultural, food and biological engineering and technology.