The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences is one of the world's leading institutions of agriculture. Building on 160 years of excellence, the college provides leadership in science, education and research, areas vital to the future of Iowa, the nation and the world.
Summer Internships Fulfill Dreams
Summer internships offer an opportunity for CALS students to build their resumes, network and get hands-on experience. Justin Wigdahl, a senior in horticulture, shares why his summer internship is the perfect fit for him.
- Harrison County Pest Resistance Management Field Day Scheduled July 9
- Iowa State University Leopold Center’s Spencer Award Nominations Due June 30
- Harrison County Project Finds Local Weeds Resist Common Herbicides
- Corteva Partners with Iowa Soybean Research Center at Iowa State University
- CALS Student Appointed to Iowa Board of Regents
Dawn Henderson’s student experience has been transformative. From building communications and leadership skills in the marching band, to conducting undergrad research, she’s graduating with a varied skillset.
Iowa State University research shows that participating in two food assistance programs – SNAP and WIC programs – compared to SNAP alone increases food security by at least 2 percentage points and potentially as much as 24 percentage points.