Check Iowa State University's COVID-19 page for regular updates, FAQs, public health links, travel updates and more on this fast-developing issue.
Caring Connections, Award Winning Teaching
For Steven Lonergan building trust with students and challenging them to think critically are the keys to creating a successful learning environment. The professor of animal science has been nationally recognized for teaching excellence. More
- Horticulture Assistantships Allow Students to Get Their Hands Dirty in Pursuit of Science
- Bees to provide honey, learning opportunities at Iowa State University's new apiary
- Iowa State University hosts online poultry internship program via the Midwest Poultry Consortium Center of Excellence
- Vintage Iowa State milk cans available for purchase
- Researcher Selected for Lilly Award to Refine Novel Method for Finding RNA Drug Targets
Scott Smalley, associate professor and coordinator of teacher education programs in agricultural education and studies, has earned accolades from students in his online and on-campus courses. This teacher-of-teachers earned the college’s Early Achievement in Teaching Award, and was named a distance education teacher of the year in 2018 by the Brenton Center for Agricultural Instruction and Technology Transfer, an honor nominated by students.
Through Beef Up Iowa, students and staff at Iowa State University will process cattle from Iowa beef producers who have limited processing options due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The meat will be distributed to food bank and food pantry feeding programs across the state. The initial cattle for Beef Up Iowa will be sourced from Iowa 4-H and FFA members.