CALS faculty and staff can contact the CALS Response Team to request assistance, report a problem, or share an idea of a creative, innovative approach to a recent challenge at CALSresponse@iastate.edu or 515-294-0705. Self-report a case of COVID-19 using this online form.
Check Iowa State University's COVID-19 page for regular updates, FAQs, public health links, travel updates and more on this fast-developing issue.
Jodi Sterle Focuses on Student Success
From advising student clubs to advising students individually, Jodi Sterle is focused on student success. Sterle, an animal science professor, encourages students to stay connected with faculty, industry leaders and peer mentors. More.
- Long-term partnership between USDA and Iowa State University researchers produces innovative results for water quality
- ISU Agriculture and Life Sciences Virtual Career Fair Set for Oct. 13-14
- Iowa State Class Introduces Students to the Science of Predicting Pandemics
- Iowa State University Leads New Project to Build ‘Genome to Phenome’ Research Community Across Crops and Livestock
- Insect Zoo: Available to (virtually) come to a classroom near you
Scott Smalley, associate professor and coordinator of teacher education programs in agricultural education and studies, has earned accolades from students in his online and on-campus courses. This teacher-of-teachers earned the college’s Early Achievement in Teaching Award, and was named a distance education teacher of the year in 2018 by the Brenton Center for Agricultural Instruction and Technology Transfer, an honor nominated by students.
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach has debuted a new tool on the Forecast and Assessment of Cropping Systems (FACTS) website that displays weather summaries for every crop reporting district in 12 Midwest states. The new Weather Tool enables the user to select a crop reporting district from the nearly 1,000 counties across the Midwest. Once a district is selected, the user chooses a weather variable of interest and the month with the year, and the tool displays benchmarking graphs with options to download the data.