SOAR in 4 is the four year graduation plan for ISU.
First-year students pursuing four-year bachelor degrees (with the exception of those in architecture and landscape architecture) are automatically enrolled in the program. They don't even need to sign up, but they do need to:
- Keep in close contact with their Iowa State academic advisor, who will guide them in their academic decisions and keep them up-to-date with university policies and procedures.
- Take required courses at the times they are available.
- Maintain their registration at ISU during off-campus experiences.
- Be a responsible student. Register for classes promptly and monitor their progress on a regular basis through their personal degree audit and with their academic advisor. Manage their time wisely. Study.
- Keep their goals in sight.
An overview of the program can be found at catalog.iastate.edu/planofstudy/.
More information can be found at www.provost.iastate.edu/academic-programs/soarin4.
Eight-semester templates can be found at catalog.iastate.edu/planofstudy/#collegeofagricultureandlifesciencestext.
Further details can be found at www.provost.iastate.edu.
And finally, the Soar in 4 application for CALS can be found at https://www.cals.iastate.edu/files/FourYearPlanContract2012.pdf.