Iowa State University Extension and Outreach and the Iowa Nutrient Research Center will host a free half-day workshop on the Iowa Nutrient Reduction Strategy for farmers, landowners, and conservation professionals.
This workshop will:
- cover the purpose, need, action items, and benefits of the Iowa Nutrient Reduction Strategy
- walk participants through creating a basic nutrient reduction plan for their farm
- teach participants how to estimate nitrogen and phosphorus loss from row crop acres under current management conditions using the Nutrient Tracking Tool and Nitrogen Load calculator
Registration is free and limited to the first 25 respondents. Boxed Lunches and refreshments will be provided at no cost.
Register here: https://iastate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dnaXmZ2pNa0jWLk
Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop or tablet to use the online Nutrient Tracking Tool and Nitrogen Load Calculator excel module during the workshop.
For questions, contact: Kay Stefanik, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9:00 – 9:15: Registration and Morning Refreshments
- 9:15 – 9:30: Introductions and Overview
- 9:30 – 10:30: Iowa Nutrient Reduction Strategy Presentation and Discussion
- 10:30 – 10:45: Break
- 10:45 – 11: 30: Creating a Nutrient Reduction Plan and Using the Whole Farm Conservation Best Practices Manual
- 11:30 – 12:15: Using the N Load Estimate Calculator
- 12:15 – 1:00: Lunch (provided)
- 1:00 – 1:45: Using the Nutrient Tracking Tool
- 1:45 – 2:00: Wrap-up and Discussion
Event Flyer: nutrientreduction_flyer_final.pdf