Faculty and staff welcomed students with water, apples and bananas to campus. Although student enrollment continues to increase, class sizes remain small.
• 34,000-plus students are expected on campus this fall, the sixth year of record enrollment and eighth consecutive year of growth.
• 67 percent of Iowa State classes have 29 or fewer students.
• 5,600 entering students attended orientation in June to help with their transition to college life.
• 70 percent of direct-from-high school students are expected to participate in a learning community this fall.
• The mean class section size is 35 students.
• 88 percent of student credit hours are taught by faculty.
• Student/faculty ratio is approximately 19:1.
• 105 new tenured or tenure-track faculty will join Iowa State this fall.