The Promotion and Tenure Advisory Committee.
Committee Composition and Operations
The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences shall have a College Promotion and Tenure Advisory Committee composed of faculty members at the rank of professor from the College, each with a three-year appointment. To ensure that each candidate receives fair and impartial consideration at the College level, the advisory committee must be structured so that the breadth of disciplines and variety of assignments within the College are adequately represented on the committee. With the approval of their departmental chair, the Dean shall select the committee members and name the Chair. The College Promotion and Tenure Advisory Committee membership will be reviewed by the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Faculty Senator Caucus and comments will be provided to the Dean. Membership on the committee shall be staggered so that approximately one-third are replaced annually, and not more than one committee member shall serve from one department at any one time. It shall be the responsibility of the Dean to ensure that the advisory committee is complete and that membership is kept current.
Term expires 2018
- Steve Freeman, Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering (Chair)
- Tom Peterson, Genetics, Development and Cell Biology
- Alison Robertson, Plant Pathology and Microbiology
Term expires 2019
- Fred Janzen, Ecology, Evolution and Organismal Biology
- Elisabeth Lonergan, Animal Science
- Steve Sapp, Sociology
Term expires 2020
- John Sawyer, Agronomy
- Lisa Schulte-Moore, Natural Resource Ecology and Management
- Lester Wilson, Food Science and Human Nutrition (Vice Chair)