The Faculty and Staff Awards Committee is responsible for reviewing nominations for faculty recognition and awards and determining College award recipients and College nominees for other awards (except for Distinguished Professor nominees, University Professor nominees, and several awards selected by the dean of the College: George Washington Carver Distinguished Service Award and the Henry A. Wallace Award).
Committee Composition and Operations
Committee members are appointed by the Dean or the Dean's designee in consultation with department Chairs and the Faculty Awards Committee Chair. Four faculty members are voting members. The term of faculty membership is three years with approximately one-third of the committee rotating off each year. No more than two consecutive terms may be served. The committee members elect the Chair.
- Clark Ford, Food Science and Human Nutrition (Chair)
- Emily Heaton, Agronomy
- Brian Steward, Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering
- Mark Gleason, Plant Pathology & Microbiology
- Maureen Stohlmeyer - CALS Administration
- David Acker - Administration Liason